Elanco guarantees that when Extinosad Pour-On is used in accordance with the label instructions that
there will be no detectable lice present on sheep at six months after shearing and treatment has taken
The following terms and conditions apply to this Guarantee:
- You must register for the Guarantee via the Elanco website www.extinosad.com.au within 2 weeks of applying Extinosad Pour-On.
- You must apply Extinosad Pour-On in accordance with the ‘Directions' for Use’
on the label
before the expiry date on the label.
- You must comply with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines. (see below and as may be updated by Elanco from time to time).
- The Guarantee applies only to the off-shears use of Extinosad
Pour-On (use on sheep
to 7 days after shearing). It does not apply to the long wool use of Extinosad Pour-On (use on sheep
months after shearing). If ewes have lambs at foot at shearing time, then all lambs must either be
and treated with Extinosad Pour-On, or treated at the unshorn suckling lamb dose rate contained on the
- You must treat all the sheep on your property at the same time. Where there is split shearing and/or treatment of sheep on the one property at different times the sheep treated will not be covered by this Guarantee.
- The Guarantee only applies to Extinosad Pour-On purchased in
Australia and used in
Australia, and for sheep born in Australia.
- In the event that you detect lice at six months after shearing and treatment, on any of the treated sheep, and you have complied with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines and these terms and conditions, you must
Elanco on 1800 995 709 within 5 business days of detecting the lice.
- Elanco’s local Territory Manager and a Technical Services Representative will visit
your property at
agreed time to investigate.
If Elanco determines to its reasonable satisfaction that you have not achieved lice control with
Extinosad Pour-On and you have complied with these terms and conditions, Elanco will provide to you
- 1. a suitable long wool lice control product to enable you to control
lice on the affected sheep
their next shearing; or
- 2.if long wool lice control is not necessary, a suitable off-shears/short wool
product to control
on the affected sheep following their next shearing.
- All products will be provided by Elanco at no cost to you.
- The Guarantee only applies to the original purchaser of the
Pour-On and is not transferable.
- The Guarantee is limited to the supply to you of the products described in
9 above and to the maximum extent permitted by law,
- Elanco excludes liability for all other losses,
costs or expenses incurred by you including but not limited to:
- 1. any claim for losses associated with wool loss or reduction in wool quality as a result of
- 2. any farm labour or costs associated with re-treating sheep including but not limited to
with a backliner, hand-jetting or saturation dipping.
- 3. any farm labour costs associated with re-mustering and re-treating sheep.
Do not use on ewes that are producing or may in the future produce milk that may be used or
for human consumption.
When using the product wear elbow-length PVC gloves and goggles.
Meat Withholding Period: Off-Shears and suckling lambs: DO NOT USE less than 14 days before slaughter for human
consumption. Long wool:
Wool Withholding Period: Wool: Zero (0) days
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL
Off-shears: DO NOT USE less than 21 days before slaughter for export.
Suckling lambs: DO NOT USE less than 21 days before slaughter for export.
Long wool: Zero (0) days
Good management is critical for effective lice control, particularly when using a short acting,
knockdown product such as Extinosad Pour-On. Short acting, knockdown products have little to no
ongoing protection period. Extinosad Pour-On does not have a registered protection period.
- Treat all sheep on the property at the same time.
- Muster each paddock thoroughly to ensure all sheep are treated. Conduct a second muster if
- Check ALL fences (especially boundary fences) to ensure all treated sheep are contained and to exclude untreated or
infested sheep from joining.
- Do not mix treated sheep with untreated sheep, lice infested sheep or those of unknown lice
- Sheep must be cleanly shorn. Grass seeds, lumpy wool or flystrike can hinder shearing and
impede the effective spread of Extinosad Pour-On.
- Treat all sheep in accordance with the Extinosad Pour-On application guidelines set out on
- Do not treat ewes within six weeks of the commencement of lambing, as live lice may infest
lambs from these ewes.
- Do not treat sheep when they are wet or if rain is likely. However, moderate rainfall (20mm
20 minutes) following treatment does not adversely affect the effectiveness of Extinosad
- It is not recommended to apply consecutive applications of any lousicide with the same mode
- It is not recommended to apply products with the same mode of action to control lice and protect against flystrike during
the same wool growing season.
- Rotation between products with different modes of action may prolong the effective life of
- Apply all lice treatments as part of an integrated pest management program (visit